Friday 30 July 2010

F16 Euros: Day Three

The boat is back to being whole again with a bright and crisp new port rudder! Back on the water in the 1st race of the day (7th in the series), I seem to be developing a tradition of needing the first race to warm up - Mark beats me over the line on this one.  The next race the roles are reversed, I'm starting to get really good upwind boatspeed, I'm pointing lower than Mark, Geert and Eric but going a lot faster, it takes real effort to not pinch and lose boatspeed.  In the next race I'm starting to get better and keeping the speed on, I take a place off Mark by sailing through his lee to windward at one point - no pinching!  Starting to get closer to Hans, but he is sailing at the same speed but higher.  Last race of the day and I actually get ahead of Hans for the first time - someone even gets a photo of it (need to track that down), not sure if this is better sailing or just luck as we took two different routes to the top mark.  Nice way to end the day, but I still need to work out why I'm not pointing (and Hans is!).

No comments:

Post a Comment